Saturday, June 11, 2011

Day 4 - Avoiding Foolishness

Today we are reading about Daniel and how he chose to honor God and not the King.  How proud his Mom must have been.  I too want that for Nick.  In the book Instructing a Child''s Heart, Tedd and Margy Tripp say this about foolishness:
"The Bible's definition of foolishness is concise. 'The fool says in his heart, 'There is not God' (Psalm 14:1).  If there is no God, I am autonomous- a law unto myself.  There is no consideration in life more profound than, 'What will please me?'  Children don't say those words, but such foolish thoughts are the underlying justifications for hundred of impulse everyday.  It is expresses in all the acts of disobedience, selfishness, willful temper and compulsive self-love "(p112)
BUT...The wise man, who fears God and obeys Him.

Today I am praying Avoiding foolishness.  As we drive home from our amazing trip out of town, together Nick and I will be reading these scriptures over and over again!!  Praying them for us and for you!

Blessings on your day my friends!!
MC

No comments:

Post a Comment