Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Day 7 - Honor

Afternoon everyone.  I had to fight IE-9 and I won!  woohoo...Just a little late.

When I think of Honor I think of the Office of the President.  It is a position that we Honor, we respect it, we show certain behaviors to the person that holds that office.  We stand when they walk in the room, we address them with certain titles and we look up to them. 

I also think of a Knight in Shining Armor.  In my house we love playing "Mighty Warrior".  I don't think I have ever spoken to Nick or let him know in some other way that he is the man of the house but he has taken on that roll.  He loves to rescue me from the mouse in the trap (I don't care if it is dead I'm not picking it up!)  I had a friend who told me about a book called "Raising a Modern Day Knight"  Has anyone else read it?

My desire is that our boys know honor, know how to defend his honor and her honor.
Today I've been praying "Our boys fear the Lord, and receive honor (Psalm 15:4)

Do you have any stories to share about your boys?  Any specific scripture jumping out at you?

No comments:

Post a Comment